Your holiday celebrations will almost certainly involve sugary confections, but with a little care, you can ensure your smile remains bright and healthy. We’ve listed a few tips to help you.
- Hum a Christmas Carol while you brush your teeth as most last about two minutes, which is perfect for ensuring you clean all tooth surfaces. Alternatively, make a playlist of your family’s favourite holiday songs to use while brushing.
- You might be dying to reveal your Christmas haul, but don’t use your teeth to open packages. It’s much easier to reach for a pair of scissors than to need emergency dental care because you crack a tooth.
- If you have guests staying for Christmas, make them a personalised gift basket for their bedroom. Include some nice extras to make them feel at home, such as fresh fruit or cosy socks. Pop in a travel-sized toothpaste and toothbrush and some dental floss just in case they forget to pack their own.
- Instantly brighten a smile using a red or pink lipstick with a blue hue, as your teeth will automatically appear a little whiter.
- Stick to your regular oral care routine, even when you get back late from a party. It will only take a few minutes to clean your teeth thoroughly, and your breath will be far fresher when you awaken the next day.